Good news for gout patients!

Friday, July 24, 2015

I have a good news for gout patients! My dad is one of them who suffers from the gout disease for almost 20 years. I always notice him controlling his diet, especially to avoid high-purine foods like liver, sweetbreads, sardines, fish roes and red meat. The fish was his favourite, but there are some fishes he has to avoid eating. Like Ikan bilis and Sardine for example. 

And today I have a good news for gout patients! My mum told me she was going to cook nasi lemak, which means we will have SAMBAL CHILLI! But there I saw my mum picking up the ikan bilis one by one, removing the silver parts on the ikan bilis and their tiny bone. So I asked why would she want to do that? 

She explains that she read an article saying that actually gout patients can consume ikan bilis with less fear if the silver parts and bone were removed. And she tried it for almost a year whenever she cooks anything that includes ikan bilis. So far it proves that it was well controlled on my dad, but of course he doesn't consume a large amount of the ikan bilis at once. But at least he can enjoy the sambal chilli with the nasi lemak! How can a nasi lemak go without a sambal chilli right? :D

I am not sure if this works for everyone, but I feel is a good thing to share about and hope that gout patients still get their chance to enjoy nice food. :D

I have uploaded a video on how to remove the silver parts and bone from the ikan bilis. Hope you guys enjoy!




Ikan bilis, after removing the silver parts and bone.

Process of making the sambal chilli! SHIOK!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to share!