A Tip on Using Credit Cards for Your Meals

Monday, September 21, 2015

As everyone knows, there are many credit cards out there which has lots of perks for dining. However, this post will not be covering them.

But here's a highlight to a small incident that may happen to any one of us which can be easily avoided especially if you had already applied for a credit card that gives good perks for dining.

We were having dinner in a Mookarta restaurant, and it so happened that during the payment, there was no sign of any credit card acceptance but there was a NETS machine right on the counter like the one below:

So I asked the cashier whether if they accept any credit cards and the answer was no. Since I do not have enough cash with me, I passed him my POSB Everyday card (I do not have an ATM card) to do a NETS payment. But I was quite surprised that the payment was processed as a Master Card Payment. 

Since the place was a little noisy, I assume that the cashier had heard me wrongly and thought that I was asking if there is any promotion with any credit cards. Since there are better credit cards with better perks for dining, this incident could have been avoided if I had just presented a credit card that gave the most deal for a payment.

Therefore, when paying for a meal, simply present the credit card that gave you the most benefit and do not think too much on whether they accept any credit cards!

Just an additional info here which I had found. If you see this device (aka One Terminal)below, it has an option to accept credit cards (including VISA, MasterCard, AMEX and UnionPay). So do not assume it only accept NETS!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to share!